Saturday 7 February 2009

Gone to the Dogs


I had I great life and I thought nothing
would ever change that. But I was sadly mistaken because in a couple of weeks my life would change forever and so would I! It started on a normal day; wait first let me tell you what a normal day was. I fell asleep curled up on the couch at about twelve o’clock. I woke up at about eight or nine o’clock and I heard howling which meant that my best friend was up. She was putting up a fight while having her mom hovering over her with a brush, just like every morning and as soon as I heard that I got up from the couch and started my morning routine.

Food was first and it was downstairs. After that I groomed myself and was off. Bare-foot and all; just like every morning. All I had to do was walk to the big oak tree in my yard and could already see that she was waiting; waiting for me. So we said good-morning. Then Shelby and I went off to go mess in the woods.

“So Chris how did hunting practice go?” Shelby asked just to try to make it seem like she was interested and to make conversation.

“It went pretty well but I like fishing better!” I said as I climbed up the fence.

“Well that’s cool! You’ll have to show me how to sometime,” she said while jumping over the fence.

Shelby was pretty big and tough for a girl. She was about seven and I was around five or six. If anyone looked at either one of us funny then Shelby would tackle them. I tried to pounce and get into the cat fight but by the time I would the job would have already be done so I didn’t try anymore.

Shelby was a lot more flexible than me. Probably then best gymnastic move I could do was stretching my arms! She was definitely a tom boy but if you told her that you would get knocked out.

Anyway we just got into my neighbor's yard. I suggested that we should play tag so we did.

“Who ever heard on a cat and dog playing tag?” Shelby asked.
And yes she is a dog and I’m a cat. A golden retriever and a tiger tabby are the main characters in this story and we’re the best of friends.

“You know I don’t like the term cat; it reminds me of my sister and I swear she’s a different species! And c’mon let’s go fishing!” I said running off. “Oh and the last one there gets the rotten fishhhhh!” I was off.

Of course we tied. I showed Shelby how I turned around backwards and put my back claws in while keeping my balance (I used my back claws because I no longer had my front ones). Shelby tried it with her front claws but, instead of getting a snack from it she got a drink and swim.

“C’mon do the doggy paddle!” I said bursting a gut by laughing. Before I knew it I was doing the same thing after getting clonked by Shelby’s big paw.

Now I enjoy the water unlike my sister but, when I saw my arch numinous I took off running. I have never liked that tabby partly because when we first moved here he made fun of my sister and that’s my job! We got into a full out cat fight, no pun intended!

No comments: