Saturday 7 February 2009

the past and the present


I love the holidays! I have grown up celebrating more than one holiday in the winter because my dad is Jewish and my mom is a traditionalist Christian. My mom grew up in a Native American tribe called the Cherokees and my dad grew up in a Jewish village but when they were grown they both moved to my home town which is Maui, Hawaii we live by Venice Falls which if you don’t know is THE MOST beautiful thing you will EVER see! I love waking up to hear the water pouring down into the pool of water below. It is great to be able to look out your window and see such a beautiful site. My friend lives by Kahekili Beach so everyday during winter break I grab my bike and ride over to her house. We play a couple of board games that I have left over at her house for days like this and one that she and her brother have gotten as presents over the years! Then we get the swim suits that we have hidden in her beach bag (one is mine and one is hers) then put them on and grab towels fresh out of the dryer and put them in the bag. Api grabbed her skateboard and her poi which is a two year old Rottweiler who is gentle, sweet and a little hyper.

“A hui hou Ku`u ipo!” Api’s mother said. If you do not speech Hawaiian then just turn to the back of the book and look it up!

“A hui hou!” Api said as we walk out the door. And that is were we are right now today so let’s get going. So we are on the beach and I was in a striped Poni and Ke'oke'o bathing suit. Api was in a Melemele and 'Ula'ula polka-dotted bathing suit.

We are under our umbrella with her dog pouncing on us with his little paws. He is SO cute!

“Hey Kalea what type of flower is this?” Api asked me.

I looked at it very closely and examined it “This is a plumeria pua,” I am looking out at the beach the water looks so picture perfect. “Want to go find some shells for our necklaces and bracelets?”

“Sure!” So we’re leaving now so I’ll write the rest tonight after dinner. BYE for now! J J
….…
WOW! Today was awesome it was SO much fun! Api is sleeping over tonight. She is spending the next couple of days over at our house because her mom will be on a business trip so I suggested she spend the night tonight too. I got her present for Hanukah since it starts tomorrow. Today was P�`akolu so the beach wasn’t as crowded but it still was pretty packed!

“Hey Bright one! Abby, how is it going?” my dad just walked in.

No comments: